This Asian Marinated Cucumber Salad will keep your kitchen cool when those temperatures go into the high 90’s.
You will love this Asian marinated salad, it is marinated in rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, red pepper flake and sugar. It is very refreshing.
I have always been a fan of this Asian marinated cucumber salad since I had it in an Asian restaurant one day a few years ago. Ever since, I thought about re-creating it but never got around to doing so. You probably have all the ingredients for this recipe as your staple Asian ingredients for stir-fry, all you need is a Persian cucumber.
Serve this recipe with a piece of grilled fish or even a skirt steak and you will have a delicious and healthy meal. 1 whole cucumber only has about 50 calories, so this is definitely guilt-free!
Asian Marinated Cucumber Salad
- 1 Persian cucumber, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch of red pepper flake
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a large bowl whisk together the ingredients (except the cilantro) for the Asian marinade. Once combined add the sliced Persian cucumbers to the bowl and mix. Let sit for 1 hour or longer until ready to eat. When ready to serve sprinkle with cilantro and sesame seeds for garnish.
Best when served within 1-2 days of being made. Flavors will intensify the longer it sits in marinade. If there is too much liquid strain out some of it before serving. *Red pepper flake to taste.
Find More No-Oven Recipes Here: