Chicken with Corn, Zucchini and Tomatoes is a healthy weeknight meal.
Chicken with Corn, Zucchini and Tomatoes will end up in your weekly dinner rotation because the ingredients are reasonable and it takes very little time to make. Because I am making this recipe in the Spring before my garden has been planted I wasn’t able to use my own ingredients. If this was summer, I could make this recipe with everything from my garden, besides the chicken. Regardless the supermarket will provide you with fresh enough vegetables to make this delicious.
Lately, I have been looking for quick weeknight meals. I am finishing up my senior year in college, interning and working one day a week at my sisters medical spa. It has been hard for me to find balance on cooking healthy meals and recipes that are not time consuming. I have no time for that during the week. I made this recipe in 20 minutes and served it with an arugula salad on the side. Relatively low carb, besides the addition of corn and high in protein thanks to the chicken cutlets. Try sautéed chicken with corn, zucchini and tomatoes out if you have need a new way to make your chicken cutlets.
Chicken with Corn, Zucchini and Tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- half juice of lemon
- poultry seasoning (optional) could use Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound thinly sliced thicken cutlets
- 2 zucchini, diced small
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups corn (frozen, canned or fresh)
- fresh thyme or basil
- Marinate your chicken cutlets for a few hours before cooking. Combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, zest of 1 lemon, juice of half the same lemon, few fresh thyme sprigs, sprinkle of poultry seasoning (optional), additional salt and pepper. Cover and put in fridge for up to 3 hours.
- Remove marinated chicken from refrigerator. Heat a large saute pan with additional few tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is heated place the chicken in the skillet for 3-4 minutes per side (8ish minutes total depending on thickness of chicken) until browned and cooked through. Remove and put on a plate.
- In the same pan add the diced zucchini and saute, letting some of the browned bits come up from the pan as the zucchini cooks Season with salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and let keep cooking until the tomatoes begin to blister. Add the corn. If using fresh basil, add it now. Bring the chicken back to the pan and serve.
- Serve with arugula salad dressed with olive oil and lemon juice.
Chicken is my go-to protein, see more recipes:
- Chicken Thighs with Tomatoes and Chickpeas
- Grilled Chicken with Tomatoes Basil Mozzarella
- Chicken in Pan Sauce
- Herb and Lemon Chicken Wings