Chicken Thighs with Tomatoes and Chickpeas is a one pan supper that involves minimal prep, coming together in the oven.
In search of a new dinner recipe to add to my rotation I came across this Chicken Thighs with Tomatoes and Chickpeas. The moment I saw this recipe I knew I wanted to try it. Mainly because the ingredients are relatively inexpensive, and the recipe looked as if it came together with minimal effort. Well, I was right. This is a keeper. You can use any cut of chicken you desire, just adjust cooking time. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs and the result was better then I thought.
Next time I might use a larger baking tray so there is more surface room for all the ingredients. It is better to not crowd the pan for this type of recipe, you can also use a cast iron skillet.
Chicken Thighs with Tomatoes and Chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, paprika, cumin, kosher salt, ground black pepper, red pepper flakes and oregano.
- Rub the chicken thighs with the seasoning and put on a baking tray. Spread the tomatoes and chickpeas around the chicken thighs and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and juice of half a lemon. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Roast chicken in oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and tomatoes begin to burst. Cooking time may vary depending on type of chicken.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with reserved chopped basil and serve over arugula, if desired.
Adapted from Taste Food Blog
Need more chicken dinners? See below:
- Broccoli and Chicken Quinoa Bake
- Chicken Francese
- Avocado Chicken Salad
- Roasted Whole Chicken with Root Vegetables