Crispy Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus is a delicious appetizer to serve at any holiday party. I love finger food and this works perfectly.
This recipe only has two ingredients and is super simple to put together! All you have to do is wrap the prosciutto around the asparagus and pan fry it until crispy. You can also put them in the oven under the broiler for a few minutes on each side or until crispy.
My favorite addition to this dish is the balsamic glaze. Balsamic glaze can go on anything and makes it look snazzy. Although you can very easily make your own by reducing balsamic vinegar I bought a bottle at my local super market. It will make any appetizer a special treat for your guests!
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 pound bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- balsamic glaze (optional)
- Working one at a time wrap slices of prosciutto around the asparagus in a downward angle until the entire spear is covered (besides the tip). Repeat with all asparagus.
- Heat a large saute pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add asparagus, careful not to overcrowd the pan, until the prosciutto is crispy flipping to crisp the other side (about 2-3 minutes). Work in batches until all asparagus are complete.
- Move to a serving platter and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
You can also stick the asparagus on a baking tray under the broiler for a few minutes one each side, flipping when ready. I have not tried this method but have seen others do this.
Adapted from Trend Land.
Not a fan of prosciutto? Try this recipe with thinly sliced honey ham! I bet it will be delicious.
Note to all of you: I apologize I have not been as active on posting blog recipes! I wish I could spend all day doing this but unfortunately finals caught up with me and I have been so busy. I hope to get you some delicious holiday recipes before its too late! Don’t give up on me!! 🙂
p.s. Here is a fun fact on how you should be storing your asparagus:
Looking for a special dish? Try my Red-Wine Braised Beef Short Ribs
Follow me on Instagram for more updates!