You can’t resist the delicious aroma that comes out of the oven when you make this Apple Cinnamon Fritter Bread! This Apple Cinnamon Fritter Bread is the perfect texture and filled with diced apples.
We all know the apple pie but why not re-think apples into an Apple Cinnamon Fritter Bread? It’s much easier to eat and great to take on the go. Everyone will love this recipe!
Did you know that Cinnamon is actually really good for you? According to News Health the 5 Health Benefit of Cinnamon are as follows.
Better Heart Health
Blood Sugar Regulation
Better Brain Function
Cinnamon also allows you to cut back on sweeteners because the flavors satiety and mimic sweetness, which allows you to cut back on sugar in nearly anything, from your morning cup of Joe to a batch of homemade muffins.
Fall spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin spice and ginger are my favorite. All year these spices bring me back to the memories of apple picking, baking apple pies and the holidays.
Apple Cinnamon Fritter Bread
(makes 1 loaf)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened *see below for butter options
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/12 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 apples, roughly peeled, chopped (any variety) Mix apples with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan with non-stick spray, can also line with tin foil for easy clean up.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl beat white sugar and butter until smooth and creamy (can use electric mixer, I did by hand).
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended. Add vanilla extract.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour and baking powder) in another bowl and add into the butter/egg mixture a little bit at a time. Mix batter until smooth.
- Next comes layering the batter, apples and cinnamon mixture. You can either do multiple smaller layers or pour half of the batter into the loaf pan followed by half of apple mixture, half of brown sugar mixture. Then lightly pay the apples into the batter. Repeat with remaining batter over the apple layers and top with remaining diced apples and top with cinnamon/brown sugar mixture. Lightly pay down again and now you can swirl it.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Thanks for the great recipe The Baking Chocolatess!
Possible Butter Substitutes in Baked Goods
Apple sauce would make a great substitute for this recipe! More amazing apple flavor added into the bread. I did not try that with this recipe but next time I make this recipe I will use apple sauce to compare the results.
Hope you enjoy!!