A twist on banana bread using the vegetable zucchini to make this delicious Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread. The cinnamon in this recipe adds a comforting flavor and you won’t even taste the zucchini!
This was my fist time ever hearing about zucchini bread. My Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread is a sweet recipe that is a moist dessert bread that will get you to eat your vegetables. I am obsessed with this recipe because I got to use up some of my zucchini that has been growing in my garden. All you need is one medium zucchini for this recipe and a basic bread batter to get the perfect piece of Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread!
When you grate zucchini you will see that it has A LOT of water in it. For this recipe you want to keep most of that water because it will help make your bread moist. I love to see the little bits of green that run through this Zucchini Chocolate Chip bread recipe!
If you do not love the flavor of cinnamon you can reduce the measurement to 1 teaspoon. This Zucchini Chocolate Chip bread is not overly sweet and it does not use as much sugar as many recipes I have seen. I try to always find the right balance of not too sweet but just sweet enough. You can up the sugar a little bit if you are concerned the Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread will not be sweet enough.
I have made this twice already and each time has been perfect!
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large zuccchini grated (about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the beaten egg, brown sugar, white sugar, oil, zucchini, and vanilla until combined.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and chocolate chips.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until combined. Do not over mix.
- Spread batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake the bread for about 45-50 minutes until completely cooked and toothpick is clean. Check at 45 and if a toothpick comes out clean then the bread is done.
- Let bread cool and serve.
Adapted from Sallys Baking Addiction