Happy 4th of July to all of you! A healthy alternative to traditional cheesecake that does not get baked in the oven and uses cream cheese and cool whip as the main ingredients. For this No-Bake Cheesecake with Strawberries and Blueberries the taste is very similar to cheesecake however the texture is closer to a pudding pie.
I am a huge fan of cheesecake but unfortunately one slice of cheese cake can have as much as 900 calories per slice. In order to indulge in desserts you can try healthier alternative recipes such as this guilt free cheese cake. This recipe was actually originally a weight watchers recipe and adapted from Skinny Tastes recipe of plain No-Bake Cheesecake.
For this No-Bake Cheesecake with Strawberries and Blueberries and other no bake cheesecake recipes they suggest you use a mixer so you can whip the cream cheese. I don’t have a handheld mixer or a stand so I decided to use the food processor hoping the result would be the same. It was! I started with softened cream cheese and then added the other ingredients one at a time and the result was very similar as if I used a mixer. If you have one use it.
Once you make the cheesecake filling you should refrigerate it in a graham cracker crust for 3-5 hours or over night until the filling has set and firmed up. Once this happens you can add the sliced berries. I would wait to add the berries until right before serving because it will look and taste the best. It only takes a second to assemble so if you are traveling just bring the sliced berries in a separate container!
4th of July is one of my favorite holidays in the summer because it means the beach, fire works, and good summer food. This No-Bake Cheesecake with Strawberries and Blueberries recipe will make a great addition to your 4th of July dessert table.
- 1 9 inch graham cracker crust
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 8 oz package of cream-cheese
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 large handful of strawberries
- 6-8 strawberries sliced thin
- (optional fruit dressing)
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- less then 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl whip (or in a food processor) the cream cheese, vanilla extract and sugar for a few minutes until light and fluffy. Fold in cool whip and whip for a few seconds until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into the graham cracker crust and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Take a tablespoon at at time and swirl the jam into the cream cheese mixture that is in the crust.
- Refrigerate covered 3-5 hours or until ready to serve.
- Right before you serve the no-bake cheesecake in a large bowl toss the berries with the optional honey, chopped mint and lemon juice. With a slotted spoon arrange the berries as desired.
- If not using honey mixture just place the berries on top as desired.
- Do not pour all the juice that the berry dressing makes over the top of the pie - it is only meant to coat the berries to add some shine and freshness with the mint. You don't want too much extra liquid.
*If you are receiving this by email click the link to see the full recipe*
Sharing is caring, forward this to a friend who would like it!
Don’t forget to FOLLOW Hunters Healthy Kitchen!!