Look no longer for the best Pico de Gallo & Guacamole recipe. With 4th of July around the corner these two dips would make great appetizers for your outdoor bbq’s all summer long.
Pico De Gallo is a chunky salsa that typically has tomatoes, jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. In my opinion pico de gallo is a salsa that only gets better as it sits for a little and the flavors come together. Pico de Gallo is fresh and filled with simple ingredients that are also high in anti-oxidants. The antioxidants in tomatoes include vitamin C, vitamin E and lycopene. Lycopene is a carotenoid that provides the red pigment in tomatoes and helps protect the body against prostate, urinary, intestinal and some stomach cancers, according to LiveStrong.
This Guacamole recipe is very similar to the guacamole they serve at Chipotle. After dining there a few times I wondered how they got their guacamole so creamy and perfect every single time. I did a little research online and found a Copy Cat Guacamole for Chipotle. I was surprised to find that the recipe was really very simple and did not contain any hidden secrets. All you need to do is find the perfect ripe avocado and a few other simple ingredients to get the best guacamole recipe ever.
You can serve The Best Pico De Gallo & Guacamole Recipe with more than just tortilla chips. Skip the chips and try serving these traditional Mexican dips over a nice piece of grilled fish such as shrimp or swordfish. You could also serve it over a grilled hamburger or chicken burger over a bed of arugula. Even better mix leftover Pico De Gallo in scrambled eggs to amp up the flavor!
Can’t forget to mention the health benefits of consuming avocados. A food that has definitely been in pushed into the spotlight over the past few years. Avocados are high in potassium and also high in heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids. However, yes there is such a thing as eating too much avocado. Look out for the serving size which is typically about 1 ounce. Just keep in mind half an avocado has about 140 calories.
Not sure how to tell if avocados are ripe besides squeezing the hell out of them? Check out this awesome article on How to Find A Perfect Avocado. After all, the perfect ripeness of the Avocado makes the guacamole the best ever.
The Best Pico De Gallo and Guacamole Ever!
- 5 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- half a red onion, diced
- large handful of fresh cilantro, chopped (up to 1 cup to taste)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- juice of 1 lime
- kosher salt and pepper (start with 1/2 teaspoon)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup of red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/2 a jalapeno, including seeds, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients listed above. Serve immediately or let sit for up to 24 hours before serving.
- Begin by peeling the ripe avocados and mashing them with a fork or potato masher. To the mashed avocado fold in the rest of the ingredients until just combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Taste your pico de gallo & guacamole with chips to adjust salt level accordingly.
*If you are receiving this by email click the link to see the full recipe*
Sharing is caring, forward this to a friend who would like it!
Don’t forget to FOLLOW Hunters Healthy Kitchen!!