Zucchini noodles are easy to make and a great alternative to pasta. I prepare these Zucchini Noodles with Pesto and Shrimp to make a healthy and light summer meal. Often I find that zucchini noodles are great to make when zucchini is in season and you have a great pesto to go with it.
Hi, everybody!! I am back. I have been missing in the blogging game for a few weeks but I have been busy redesigning Hunters Healthy Kitchen for you. Please take a second to look around and let me know what you think! Click here.
I have also been working hard on getting our garden in good shape and planting all the vegetables, weeding and watering. I can’t wait to have fresh zucchini from the garden to make these zucchini noodles. Starting with a great quality vegetable is really important, and don’t forget to wash them. If you can you could make the effort to shop at local farmers markets or farm stands where the vegetables are always fresh and different from grocery stores.
This post of Zucchini Noodles with Pesto and Shrimp means a lot to me because it marked the point in my blogging career where I finally had enough and thought it’s time to switch over my blog to self hosting so I can control what it looks like and how it is formatted.
I love making pestos because you can use whatever greens you have, it doesn’t have to be just basil and pine nuts. This time I decided to go with a baby kale and walnut pesto because I had extra baby kale and walnuts from another recipe. You can do this also just replace the green with what you have: arugula, spinach, basil, other herbs. Get creative! This works perfectly with the Zucchini Noodles Pesto and Shrimp.
If you like this Zucchini Noodles with Pesto and Shrimp you may also enjoy my Zucchini Noodles and Meatballs! To see a review on my favorite Zoodle makers please also refer to this post.
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- about 2 cups of baby kale
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 4 large zucchini (1per person)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, cleaned and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- In a saute pan heat walnuts over medium heat until they begin to be fragrant and are lightly toasted.
- Add the toasted walnuts, baby kale, garlic clove, parmesan, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped and slowly pour in about 1/2 a cup of olive oil.
- In a large saute pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season shrimp with salt, pepper, lemon juice, and fresh parsley. Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Put aside.
- Add a few sliced grape tomatoes and to the hot pan and cook until lightly blistered, put to the side.
- Use your favorite spiralizer and make the zucchini noodles. Let sit for 5 minutes in paper towel to release some of the water. In the same pan that the shrimp was cooking add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil. Cook the zucchini noodle in batches, not over crowding, until just tender about 3-5 minutes.
- Move to bowls and spoon some pesto and a few shrimp on top.
- If you let the zucchini noodles sit with pesto once cooked they may release some water into the bowl. Eat right after serving to avoid this.