Steel Cut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies that only has 4 ingredients. Will keep your sweet tooth satisfied but is sugarless, flour-less, and butter-less!
I usually make my quick oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with quick cooking oats but I had a container of steel cut oats that were going unused. If you want you can make this recipe with traditional quick cooking oats it will be great. The steel cut oats add more chew to the cookie and have to be baked a little bit longer because the Steel Cut Oats take longer to cook.
These cookies are about as healthy as a cookie gets. They have 2 ripe bananas, chia seeds, dark chocolate chips, and steel cut oats. That means no flour, no sugar, no butter, and no other ingredients. The banana acts as a binder and keeps the cookie together while also very moist.
I also love these 4 Ingredient – Steel Cut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies because I am indulging in a cookie yet they also keep me full. 1/4 cup of Steel-Cut Oats only has 140 calories, 5 grams of protein, 27 carbs, 4 grams of fiber, and 0 grams of sugar!
Steel Cut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup of steel cut oatmeal OR quick cooking oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chip or semi sweet chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash banana with a fork until soft, fold in the 1 cup of oats, chia seeds, and dark chocolate chips last.
- Use a cookie scoop to form 1 inch round balls and flatten down with top of cookie scoop. If using steel oats you will need to cook for 20-25 minutes or the oatmeal will still be hard and crunchy. If using quick cooking oats reduce cooking time and check to make sure they don’t burn.
If the steel cut oats do not seem like they have softened enough, keep baking. If you’re not sure about the texture – use quick regular oats.
Need something a little sweeter? Try one of these cookie recipes:
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft Butterscotch Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies!