Asian Pasta Salad with Very Teriyaki served with edamame, red cabbage, shredded carrots, and very teriyaki dressing!
It’s Spring and that means finding cold salad dishes that can be made in advance that are healthy and so easy to make such as this Asian Pasta Salad with Very Teriyaki.
I first had this Asian Pasta Salad with Very Teriyaki was last summer and have been literally been thinking about it ever since. I really do not like pasta salads that are based with mayo – I find them so heavy! This can be a problem when all summer long you go to BBQ’s and people serve pasta salad that is made with mayonnaise! You are much better off making your own pasta salads as you can control what ingredients go into it.
I love anything that is teriyaki and asian inspired. One of my favorite marinades is Soy Vay’s Very Teriyaki Marinade and Dressing. It is great to marinate your proteins in over the summer before you throw it on the grill. Of course making your own fresh marinade is always a great option, but sometimes we need easy meals, and this sauce does just that.
Asian Pasta Salad with Very Teriyaki would be great with whole wheat pasta, brown rice pasta, traditional bow ties pasta, and possibly even zoodles. You can also pick your favorite “add-ins” to customize this pasta salad. I went with edamame, red cabbage, and shredded carrots. But green peas, bell peppers, and peanuts would make a great addition as well.
I hate having half a box of pasta that just sits in the pantry so I used the whole thing. It makes a lot, which is great for leftover night!
Asian Pasta Salad with Very Teriyaki
Here’s what you need:
- 1 box of bow tie pasta (12 ounces)
- 1 bag of frozen shelled edamame cooked according to package
- half a head of red cabbage shredded thin (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup of Soy Vay Very Teriyaki Marinade and Dressing
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
What to do:
- Cook the pasta according to package, al dente, and let cool to room temperature.
- While pasta is cooking whisk together the Soy Vay Very Teriyaki Dressing, rice wine vinegar, and chili oil in a large bowl. Put to the side.
- Add the shredded cabbage, carrots, and edamame to the dressing mixture. Toss in the cooked pasta until well mixed. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Eat at room temperature or put in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat!
It’s that easy.
This asian pasta salad would also make a great lunch, picnic item, side dish at dinner, or to have at at BBQ.
Let me know what your favorite pasta salad recipe is!
Don’t forget to check me out on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!