Individual mini banana bread loafs with walnuts that are perfect to take on the go!
Try this mini banana bread loafs for your breakfast prep next week.
Breakfast. The hardest meal of the day for most people. When you are rushing the last thing you want to think about it what you will eat. If you are skipping breakfast you are doing something seriously wrong… You’ve heard it before but breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You need to fuel your body in order to get it working and get your metabolism going so you can burn fat throughout your day.
Usually in the morning I am eating on the go because I am in a rush. Sometimes I will have a protein bar that’s high in protein like ThinkThin (peanut butter), one of my favorites, or sometimes (when I have ripe bananas) I will make some type of loaf. That’s where these mini banana bread loafs came from.
I love banana bread but so many recipes online have a whole cup of white sugar, which is really unnecessary! Bananas are naturally sweet, especially when they are ripe, so really very little sugar is needed at all. If you do not have mini loaf pans you can also use a regular loaf pan and make one larger bread. I just like the fact that I am able to take one and go!
Here are my Mini Banana Bread Loafs with Walnuts!
What you need:
- 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 stick of butter + 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar + 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts + extra for topping
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in microwave for 30 seconds and add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Stir in the brown sugar and agave and stir until well combined and light and fluffy. Make sure the mixture is not too warm and add the eggs one at a time.
- In a medium bowl mash the bananas. Stir into the wet mixture.
- Take your wet mixture and slowly pour it into the dry ingredients. Stirring until combined, do not over mix. Fold in the walnuts.
- Prepare your mini loaf pans or regular loaf pan and spray with non-stick spray. Use a cookie scoop or 2 heaping tablespoons and fill mini loaves about half way. (Only made 7 loaves) OR pour batter into a loaf pan. Sprinkle the top with chopped walnuts.
7. Bake mini loaves for 17-20 minutes until banana bread comes out clean and is cooking through, checking to make sure they don’t over cook! If baking a full loaf then probably more like 55 minutes.
Enjoy Mini Banana Bread Loafs!