Ultimate Pulled Pork Quesadilla: Got leftover pulled pork?
A few weeks ago I made the Best Ever Pulled Pork recipe (see link to check it out) and of course it made so much that I had leftovers. Leftovers can be a blessing and a burden at the same time. When you are in a rush it’s great to have in the refrigerator. But sometimes you have that dish or meal that lasts forever and never seems to go away. When you are in a rush working and living your busy lives take advantage of those leftovers. I hate letting food go to waste! Hence, the Ultimate Pulled Pork Quesadilla.
I wanted to repurpose the pork so it seemed new and exciting as leftovers. Using a George Foreman indoor grill can be a good way to hide old leftovers in a tortilla. This pork didn’t really need to be hidden but it was still fun to eat.
Fill this Ultimate Pulled Pork Quesadilla with your favorite flavors. We made a few different versions – some with black beans, corn, salsa, avocado, Mexican cheese, and of course pulled pork. Mix your favorite add ins to the middle of the tortilla. A really simple meal that is super filling and tasty.
Substitute grilled chicken or steak for the pork if that’s what you have in your refrigerator.
What you need:
- Leftover “Best Ever Pulled Pork”
- Large flour tortilla (whole wheat is a good option also) 1 per person
- 1 red bell pepper sliced and sautéed
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese
- 1 can corn
- salsa optional
What to do:
- Take a large flour tortilla and put a generous portion of Best Ever Pulled pork, a portion of peppers, a sprinkle of beans, corn, 2 strips of thin avocado, cheese, and salsa if desired. Fold in half and place in George Foreman indoor grill.
- No need to flip just cook until grill marks appear on the Quesadilla and cheese is melted.
- Slice with a pizza cutter into strips and enjoy!
One Quesadilla per person.