Juicy Mini Turkey Muffins with Shredded Carrot and Yellow Bell Pepper
Meatloaf is a family favorite. We usually just make the traditional meat loafs but I had seen meatloaf muffins floating around the internet. I loved the idea because it is so easy to just grab them for lunch or dinner because it is already pre portioned. These turkey muffins are moist and more importantly very tasty.
For this recipe you could use any other ground meat you prefer, I prefer turkey. I also added shredded carrot to help add moistness, and yellow bell pepper for a pop of color. These little muffins are perfect for kids, my nephew loved them! I also added a bbq ketchup sauce before baking which was delicious!
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins with sautéed kale brussels sprouts, carrots, and brown rice.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 pound of ground turkey meat
- half a yellow bell pepper chopped
- little more then 1/2 cup of shredded carrot
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of ketchup plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup of bbq sauce plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/8 teaspoon of paprika
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine ground turkey meat, chopped bell pepper, shredded carrot, 1 egg, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper, 1/4 cup of ketchup, 1/4 cup of bbq sauce, and paprika. Use your hands and mix until all ingredients are combined- do not over mix.
- Take small handfuls of turkey mixture and place into muffin tins. Divide your meat into 12 muffins.
- Mix leftover ketchup and bbq sauce in a bowl and then spread on top of meatloaf muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy as a delicious dinner to grab on the go or even a high protein lunch!