Apple and Cinnamon Overnight Oats with Chia Seeds is a hearty and healthy breakfast that will leave you full all day long. Now that I am back in school I am always looking for the easiest and most convenient meals during the week.
I have seen many overnight oat recipes online but never thought I would like them. But, I was wrong. They are delicious and this literally kept me full for so long, not to mention I was able to grab this out of the refrigerator (already made) in the morning and quickly eat it!
Another good thing about over night oats is that you constantly keep changing the ingredients that you put in so you never get bored! But if you find a recipe you like then it’s great to just keep using it. This is my first time making overnight oats so I decided to go with a classic combination of apples and cinnamon. But next time I think I will try pumpkin for fall.
Incase you’re not sure what overnight oats are all it is an oatmeal, milk of your choice (almond milk) and other ingredients that sit overnight in the fridge so you don’t even need to cook them!
Here’s What You Will Need:
- half an apple cubed
- 1/3 cup of uncooked oats
- 1/2 cup plus 1-2 tablespoons of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon or to taste of light agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
What to do:
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar or a container. Put the lid on and shake it so all the ingredients are mixed.
- Put in refrigerator over night for the next morning and enjoy!
- In the morning you can top with extra chopped apple or chia seeds and this will last 2 days in the refrigerator.