Meatloaf loaded with vegetables and fresh herbs that is so moist and tasty!
I have made many meat-loafs recently because they are easy and make great leftovers. I also find meatloaf to be a very comforting meal and that’s why my family also loves it!
My favorite meatloaf is made with turkey. Some say turkey can make meatloaf dry. But I do not agree with this. Lean ground turkey is a great source of protein and is always moist!
In this recipe I added celery, onion, and shredded carrot to my recipe. I also love the addition of fresh parsley from my herb garden.
You Will Need:
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 celery stalks chopped small
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 shredded carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup of ketchup plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoon favorite bbq sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt and sprinkle of pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
What to do:
- Prepare chopped vegetables and preheat a saute pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once hot sauté onion, garlic, carrot, and celery for about 10 minutes until onions become translucent.
- While vegetables are cooking preheat oven to 350 degrees. Once vegetables are tender combine ground turkey meat, 1 egg, 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs, vegetable mixture, chopped parsley, 1/4 cup of ketchup, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning in a mixing bowl. Do not over mix.
- Put meatloaf mixture into a loaf pan with coated with non-stick cooking spray. Next combine 2 tablespoons of ketchup and 2 tablespoons of bbq sauce. Spread sauce over the top of the meatloaf before it goes in the oven.
- Bake meatloaf for 55 minutes at 350 degrees. Let sit for 10 minutes after it comes out of oven.
- Enjoy with 2 Potato Mash, and steamed broccoli. To get the recipe on russet and sweet potato mash.